Damages: How Much is my Injury Case Worth?
- June 12, 2019
- Posted by: Robert Katz
- Category: Personal Injury
This is the most frequently asked question when we first discuss an injury claim with our client. Any lawyer who answers the question at that point in time is lying. It is not possible to know what your case is worth until all of the relevant factors are known. Claims are valued on the basis of a multitude of factors. Some of these factors are:
- What are the facts of the case?
- Are you partially to blame?
- What do witnesses say?
- What does the police report say?
- What does your property damage look like?
- Is the other driver credible?
- In which County (venue) do we have to bring the claim?
- How much insurance is available to pay the claim?
- Are you full or limited tort?
- What were your injuries and what is your medical prognosis?
- Do you have a history of injures or claims?
- Do you have lost wages or other out-of-pocket expenses?
Every case is different. Most of these questions cannot be answered until long after the accident took place. Our pledge to our clients is that before we ever resolve a case, we will tell you our thoughts on its value. You will be a part of that process.